Palazzo Te is the masterpiece of Giulio Romano in Mantua. It was built and decorated between 1525 an 1535 ad a place for honest pleasure of the owner, Federico II Gonzaga.
Generally inspired by the ancient Roman villa, and although it has immediately undergone to the restoration over the centuries, it is considered as one of the most valuable and better conserved Renaissance architectures.
One of the first elements noticeable about Palazzo Te is the way it extends horizontally. With its square plan and large inner courtyard, the Palazzo recalls the country villas of antiquity, where the architecture and its setting are in constant interaction.
The talent of Giulio has made it possible to integrate the culture of period of Raffaello and Michelangelo, while leaving the evidence of his deep knowledge in the classical tradition, which had created the usual and surprising inventions.
The visitors will be accompanied by the strong emotions of this rich and varied journey; from the Courtyyard of Honor to the Hall of the Horses, from the Chamber of Amore and Psiche, to those of the Winds and Eagles, from the precious Chamber of Stuccoes to the tumultuous Chamber of the Giants.